#BSUGotTalent - Meet Grace Oyilo "A Shoe Maker" - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Tuesday 11 October 2016

#BSUGotTalent - Meet Grace Oyilo "A Shoe Maker"

Hello Viewers!!!

Welcome to another edition of BSUGotTalents...

This week's Edition features "a Female Shoe Maker "...


May we get to know you?
My name is GRACE ONYILO from the Department of ENGLISH, I am a  200LEVEL student of Benue State University, Makurdi.


So tell us about your Handwork(Shoe Making)
Shoe Making is a skill I acquired some years back and it has really been supporting me both financially and morally. It has really burst my level of creativity.



What really inspired you to pick up such a job?
My zeal to be independent actually prompted me into Shoe Making.


Do you have any plans of continuing this after school?
Yes I do, as a matter of fact am not depending on Federal Government to secure a job. I think I am already earning a living with this and hope to earn more after school since I will be fully concentrated and focused.


How do you balance school and work?
well it has not been really easy for me to cope with Job and School, what i do is to make in large quantity during breaks and when they are out of stock I order for more supplies from my business associates.


Where do you get your ideas from?
I got the initial idea from my siblings who are into same Business Venture, I went further to acquire the skill in an NGO Entrepreneur Organization. But am currently getting the whole idea myself, like I said it opened up my level of creativity as different ideas keep coming up when am working.



As a female into this line of the fashion industry how do feel?
I feel so proud doing this job as a female, because I have not only proven that I am industrious but as well proven the importance of girl-child in our PATRIARCHY SOCIETY.

What makes your product different from others?
well I wont really say there is a difference in my products from others...what I can actually say makes my product different is the fact that a lady made this particular product.

How do you handle working with people who annoy you?
Honestly nobody annoys me in my line of business, but am really finding things difficult with those who buy on credit because they sometimes tie my business down as there is limited capital in making the products. so what i actually do is that i try my possible best to avoid selling on credit.

Tell us about your proudest Achievement.
I am proud to say that I have achieved a lot from this job especially fending for myself, paying my fee and i got myself a tablet cell phone early this year


Do you offer home service?
Yes I do home delivery and as well sell in bulk quantity.


What has been the most expensive job you have done for a client?
In my line of job, it is highly tasking and quite stressful. So i cant really specify the most expensive job I've done for my clients.


So how can our viewers locate you?
My address is "Gyado villa, CORNEL STONE STREET opp the MTN mass".
You can call me via +234 810 283 8842.

View images below to see some of Miss Grace's previous works...



Don't forget to Share this post

No comments:

Post a Comment