BSU students in bizarre graduation ritual (PHOTOS) - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Monday 15 February 2016

BSU students in bizarre graduation ritual (PHOTOS)




In what has become somewhat of a ritual, graduating students of Benue State University, to be fair, all over the country wear white T shirts on the last day of their examinations.

On these shirts, fellow course mates sign autographs one after the other with permanent markers, after which the graduands are pelted with water until they are drenched. Others add garri, red oil and even sand to this bizarre bath.

Beneath the filthiness of this act, is the euphoria of freedom from endless lectures, tests and life on campus as expressed by one of the graduates, Josephine Augustine: “I cant keep calm because I’m a graduate. Even as they are pouring all sorts of nonsense on my body, I still like it so I feel very cool. I don’t care if I fall sick hereafter.”

The Dean of Student Affairs, Prof. Keghkegh has however warned against such celebration saying any student caught in the act will be added an extra year to come back and learn more morals because the degree awarded is in both character and leaning.

See more photos…


No comments:

Post a Comment