#BSUGotTalent - Meet Mr. Mcfredericks "An author" - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Monday 6 June 2016

#BSUGotTalent - Meet Mr. Mcfredericks "An author"

Few weeks back we introduced the #BSUgotTalent Initiative and so far so good we have recorded huge success,
Our lucky winner this week to get featured on our platform is Mr. Mcfedericks Akor Edache "An Author"  who will be launching six of his book next month in BSUM.



Its a pleasure to have you hear with us Mr. Mcfredericks Akor Edache.
The pleasure is all mine...

What were the circumstances of your birth and early upbringing?
I was born on the 31st of March 1986, into the family of Mr. & Mrs. Abel Edache. I am the 5th born out of 9 siblings.
I attended primary school at Aliyu  Makama in Kaduna state, after which I enrolled for my secondary education in G.S.S Narayi also in Kaduna state. My set was actually the first to graduate from that school and I must confess our result was outstanding. After several attempts, I gained admission into the prestigious Benue State University in 2012 to study psychology. Currently am rounding up my degree and I cannot wait to contribute my quarter to human development.

Did you find it easy writing or are you a natural writer?

To be sincere, I am a natural writer. Writing wasn't really a challenge for me. I actually started writing at an early age. Writing for me is without stress, it comes as a function of simplicity .

What is your source of inspiration?
My source of inspiration to be specific is Psychology( the course am presently studying). There is this sensation I derive studying psychology and that has always served as my motivation.

What is you ambition towards your writing career?
I hope someday that my career as an author will lead to developing and adding to the growth of human development in the little way it can.

Who are you role model(s), I mean authors you look up to?
To be specific most of my Role models in my career are foreign authors but still yet I have few local authors that inspire me, such as Wole Soyinka, Chinau Achebe and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie .

What has been the most difficult moment so far?
The most difficult moment so far is just the fear of unfolding of events but I have never allowed that to weigh me down.

How do you manage being an author and studying psychology?
You know life is all about time management, I have a structured plan for my day and I make sure am able to balance my Academics and my writing career, so they don't  conflict with each other.

APart from being an author what else are you into
I was once a part-Time Teacher but presently I am into a Humanitarian service "The Federation of Catholic Psychology Students (FECAPS)" , I was among the founders 3 years ago.

How many books have you written so far and which is your favorite ?
Officially I have written 6 books ( 5 are Novels and the last one is a Guide for students). My favorite is the Guide for students (Its a compendium of humanistic Approaches )

Where do you visualize yourself in the next 5 years?
Wow... In the next 5 years, I visualize myself as a Fully profound Psychologist  and also a humanitarian using the tool of writing to effect a  change.

Concerning your upcoming book launch, What should we be expecting?
The book launch will be coming up on the 10th of July, at the Chemistry Theater (1st Campus BSU), 11am prompt.
The Launching of the books is under the distinguished Chairmanship of Dr. Godwin Achinge (Dean of Clinical CHS), The Chief Launcher is Hon. Sebastian Agbinda , while the books presenter is Prof. Armstrong Matiu Adejo (Dean of Post Graduate School).
The various books will be reviewed by:
Dr. (Mrs.) Member Genyi (HOD Political Science Department).
Associate Prof. Jonathan Ogwuche.
Dr. (Mrs.) Perpetual Chai.( HOD Clinical Psychology Federal Medical Center)
Dr. Martin Kpoghul.
Mrs. Maria Onyilo.
Mrs. Shiva Rae Kondoum.

There will be a beneficial exercise on the day of the book launch (a raffle draw). Actually the tickets are already on sale at the rate of N200. We intend to reward 10 lucky winners. ( the first 5 will receive their school fees for the 2015/2016 academic session, while the second 5 will be awarded each a Standing Fan and 6 Copies of the books).
"Remember the more tickets you buy the more your chances of winning"...

Where can we get a ticket for the raffle draw?
You can get your ticket from the Post Office Book Shop adjacent sterling bank ATM (1st camp, BSU).
Or call;
0706111412,
08167950330,
08069483881.

What advise do you have for young and upcoming authors with a similar vision like yours?
To all the aspiring authors out there, my advise to you is to be Consistent, Focused, Creative and Original. Always work towards nurturing that innate desire to keep moving forward.

Thank you for accepting to be our guest on this week talent Hunt...
I am honoured.

For further information, you can contact Mr. Mcfredericks Akor Edache via;

Facebook: Mcfedericks Edache
Phone No: 08167950330

No comments:

Post a Comment