An open letter from the President's Desk (SU) - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Monday 4 December 2017

An open letter from the President's Desk (SU)




I warmly appreciate the entire students of the Benue state university community for the calm amidst the unnecessary rancour created due to rather hasty actions of the House of Parliament following allegations levied against my person upon which without due process of listening to me had cause to believe in clear cut mendacity masterminded against my office and person. I may have been silent on this platform though not completely as I coursed an appeal immediately to the judicial committee which is the constitutional thing to do, that was the most appropriate channel, and putting up anything on this forum then would mean championing a defence crusade for myself, you cannot be a judge in your own case as you'll drive home the judgement to your favour, it's eminent however that the public is fully put in the know of the fact that the said allegations are substance free and do not hold water and were schematically birthed by malicious mischief on my person seen to be well built towards reviving our union, an act of detractors.

While I accept that the suspension is lifted, the content of the document transmitted to me and on the media even after confirming that no form of defrauding of the union took place never related the exact picture of the reality check, something that will surely be made clear.

In the wake of the said suspension, I noticed it was a point of Joy to those who care less about the welfare of the students , posting whatever they had at their disposal without censor, trying to at all time without wisdom induce a divide across tribe and sections, publications in whom the ideal picture was never in concatenation with what was palpable, bringing up our genealogy to the front burner, steering up division when there was no need for one.
Notably, the creed of being sponsored to suspend the president for an Idoma president to emerge, this lacks logic completely and no one would ever believe that no matter how inciteful owing to the fact that my Vice president even though from Zone C isn't Idoma but the smaller sect, the Igede's.
I am greatly in tone with how this union functions and the undue divide people use to seek unnecessary relevance, we ought to show that maturity where ever serving to prove that we have to capacity to push this union to the next level.

In the interim, my major concern is not just that the air be cleared on the said allegations and my culpability determined but to also drive the ship of Benue state university students' union to the promise land even amidst detractors whose actions can only slow but never act as a deterrent to the BSU students' union project.

During this illegally induced trying times, I've had cause to appreciate my family, the progressive minds, the forum of departmental Presidents who are a gift to the union and always ensure peace, Comr. Joy Egbiri, U're a sister, I can't appreciate you enough, you're more than just a class mate, to my EXCO members, you guys rock, you're the best anyone can crave for, Dr Igbah Terhile, Adom Peter, My brother and friend, Igyuche Hemen, the BESUMSA and NASA family, Damna Isaac, Angbah Solomon, Tarbunde Joshua and those whose names have not made this rather lengthy list, you guys rock and I'm forever grateful for the sacrifices to rendered during my induced trying time.

On a final note, to the esteemed BSU students who have always had faith in me, be rest assured that your mandate is a safe and this move was just by those who want to hamper a moving train, together we will give the students' union a new look, a new shape, a new focus, a new dream.

 have a blissful day.

 ​CHUWAN​ , ​Martins​ ​Tersoo​ .
 ​SU​ ​President​ .

No comments:

Post a Comment