‘Love Poem for my Country’ by Sandile Dikeni - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Saturday 1 October 2016

‘Love Poem for my Country’ by Sandile Dikeni

My country is for love
so say its valleys
where ancient rivers flow
the full circle of life
under the proud eye of birds
adorning the sky.


My country is for peace
so says the veld
where reptiles caress
its surface
with elegant motions
glittering in their pride.



My country is for joy
so talk the mountains
with baboons
hopping from boulder to boulder
in the majestic delight
of cliffs and peaks


My country
is for health and wealth
see the blue of the sea
and beneath
the jewels of fish
deep under the bowels of soil
hear the golden voice
of a miner’s praise
for my country



My country
is for unity feel the millions
see their passion
their hands are joined together
there is hope in their eyes
we shall celebrate



#HappyIndepedenceDay

No comments:

Post a Comment