#BSUGotTalent - Meet Blessing Adoga "An M.C" - Benue State University Gist

Breaking News

Monday 11 July 2016

#BSUGotTalent - Meet Blessing Adoga "An M.C"



Welcome to our Online Talent Hunt platform, you happen to be the 1st female to be interviewed via BSUGotTalents. its nice to have you around...



May we get to know you?(background information, education, how the MC call began)
My name is Blessing Adoga, was born here in Benue and schooled here and while in my secondary school one carol night, the master of ceremony did not show up and I was asked to step in, I hosted the event and ever since that day in 2009, the journey began.


for how long have you been and MC ?
Since 2009 so that would be 7years


Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Well for me, my inspiration comes from God and after that, then my Dad who really thought me how to speak.


what has been your most challenging time on stage?
My most challenging time would be at one event some time in BSU, one of the beauty pageants where the judges and organizers gave me a result to announce and the queen they deemed the winner was not the choice of the crowd who felt somebody else was better, after the announcement the place got very violent and I had to sneak out to avoid the angry mob who at that point were out to victimize any one even remotely connected with the event. Generally challenges on stage come by way of faulty sound some times and poor management all of these are avoidable with better planning. 








How do you balance being an MC and your academics?

It has not been easy must say, especially as a law student but with extra hard work and with the help of God I have been coping although more than ever there is a need for me to give unwavering attention to my studies hence the few number of events I have been doing lately and turning down a lot.



have you ever went off balance on stage and how did you manage to pull yourself back together?
Hmmm... events go off balance all the time, pulling it back is your job as an Mc and you do that by studying your audience , live events give you the opportunity to study the mood and the temper of your audience and then to curtail things so they don't get out of hand.


how often do you have stage fright ?
Hahahahah stage fright ke'! I dont have stage fright! At least not any more , and most definitely not in this my old age. Of cause they can some times be this pre event tension, especially when you are to present before an audience that do not know you, but once you get started and they see how good you are, you automatically command their respect and that relaxes you.




is your family in support of you being an MC?
My family is fully aware and in support of what I do and their support is the reason why I made it this far, my Dad is very open minded and that helped a lot.

who's your role model(s)?
Jesus Christ is the greatest speaker and Orator of all time,  He is my number one Role Model.
Some body I respect alot how ever is Less Brown, a grammy award winning motivational speaker and orator, he inspires me.


Where should your fans be expecting to see you in the nearest future?
Well, am not doing events seriously at the moment due to the attention being a 500level law student requires but at the end of the session I hope to get back fully in but before that if any very important event comes up and I can afford to spare the time, I will do it but mostly for the sake of the fans.


What Advice do you have to out stylist???
To up coming MC's I would say if you are a student, then be sure to excel in your studies as well. That is the biggest favour you can do for yourself and when the fame starts coming in, dont let it get to your head. Always be humble.



if you were given the opportunity to correct something about yourself , what would it be and why???

It would be my stage name. This is why am dropping the name mc gagaz and asking people to call me Blessing. What you bear bears heavily on you and because I am a blessing to my generation I feel like that should be evident every time some body calls my name.

as an MC what logic do you use in turning your audience on?

Well I excite them, I hail them , sometimes I say upsetting things and ask brain teasers to get them screaming and interactive. Trust me this always works.




Pls, permit me to Shout out to my most amazing family who have accommodated my excesses over the years and allowed me to grow.
And also to my Star Trace Movement Family. Your support has been over whelming.
And to every blogger out there or publicist that have featured me, thank you. And to my friends that make sure my make up and out fit is on point and text me from down stage to tell me what I could be doing better I thank you lol.


Thank you Bsu gist for having me, you are amazing.


Contact Mc Gagaz via:
Instagram- @radio_blessing
Twitter- @radio_blessing
Facebook -Blessing Adoga

No comments:

Post a Comment